Keeping the Arts has announced that proceeds from the 2017 Portland Creative Conference (aka Cre8con) have been used to provide over $9,000 of financial support for several K-12 arts education programs in Oregon. Including these new grants, Keeping the Arts has distributed over $105,000 to support such programs.
Programs selected to receive financial support from 2017 Portland Creative Conference proceeds (so far) are:
- $1,500 to the Beaverton Education Association to support their Art Day On-the-Go program
- $2,500 to the Oregon Old Time Fiddlers Association to support their West Cascades Fiddle Camp and Workshops
- $2,500 to the Corban Theater Arts Camp to provide scholarships for students in grades 6-12 to attend their summer theater camp
- $1,759 to Regis High School to support their Fine Arts Program
- $831 to Molalla High School to support their Student-directed One Act Plays
The Keeping the Arts Board will continue to evaluate grant opportunities that will draw on the funds raised from the Portland Creative Conference. Any qualified K-12 arts education program in Oregon can apply for a grant from KTA.
For details on all past recipients, see the Keeping the Arts grants listing.