PORTLAND CREATIVE CONFERENCE
Friday, 09.23.16 | Gerding Theater at the Armory | #Cre8con2016
The Portland Creative Conference is an exploration and celebration of the creative process across various creative industries. Bring your team or just bring yourself–either way you won’t leave the same as you arrived. You’ll be inspired and motivated in new ways, viewing your world with a fresh perspective. We feature presentations from leading creatives who take you inside their creative process and talk about their projects, problems, influences and inspirations. [History]
Robert Brunner (2016)Product Designer, Apple PowerBook, Beats Headphones. One of Fast Company’s “Most Creative People in Business"
Kevin Willmott (2016)Executive Producer and co-writer (with Spike Lee), of the film "Chi-Raq", ranked Best Film of 2015 by The New Yorker Magazine
Brian Michael Bendis (2016)Comics Creator/Writer (Marvel’s Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy)
When you experience a day of visionaries from a variety of creative disciplines taking you to the heart of their creative process–sharing their stories, challenges, influences and output–you will leave truly inspired and thinking about your world in a fresh new way. It’s a vacation for your brain.
This is a unique opportunity to expand your network across a variety of creative industries professionals. We will be in one place at one time for one reason: to explore and celebrate the creative process. The schedule includes plenty of networking opportunities such as the attendee reception on Friday evening at the Wieden+Kennedy Atrium.
It’s not just about the great speakers. You will be treated to music, food and drink throughout the day and into the evening at the Wrap Party, which takes place in the Wieden+Kennedy Atrium (must have conference badge for entry).
Something special happened when the Armory was remodeled and became the Gerding Theater. The space, and the surrounding Pearl District neighborhood, feels like it was tailor-made to harness and amplify creative energy.
In a 2015 post-event survey with 62 attendees responding, 95% said they are “Extremely Likely”, “Very Likely” or “Likely” to recommend the event to colleagues; 86% of attendees rated last year’s Conference as either “Excellent” or “Very Good” (the remaining 14% rated it as “Good”); 64% of respondents thought the event would be good for their team at work.
Here are just a few of the many testimonials we received:
“The Portland Creative Conference is an oasis. It’s so refreshing to be able to spend a day soaking up inspiration through the stories of others. I loved the energy of the speakers and the audience, and the wide variety of disciplines represented.”
Matt Sailor, AHA! Creative Agency
“This conference was packed with kindred creatives, many on the road to success, others who had achieved great success and were refreshingly accessible to conference attendees. I left energized and grateful for a conference of this caliber.”
Connie Kirk, Actors in Action
“For those of us in the creative services industry, this is a fabulous chance to experience diverse stories about the creative process to stimulate our own thinking in new directions.”
Doug Freeman, Imaginexxus LLC
The early bird registration fee is $99, with discounts available for company teams who register together. The regular registration fee is $119. Registration at-the-door is $129. As a non-profit, we try to make this event accessible and affordable to most creative industries professionals while still raising money for K-12 arts education programs in Oregon.
Yes, there is a price break when registering 5 or more people at the same time for the event. Several companies have registered teams of people for the event.
This event is a volunteer-driven, non-profit fundraiser for K-12 arts education programs in Oregon through Keeping the Arts, an Oregon-based 501(c)3 non-profit. As long as we reach our sponsorship sales goal (thanks Sponsors!), the majority of registration fee proceeds will go to fund arts education programs to help foster the next generation of creative industries professionals.
Yes, lunch will be served at the event thanks to Ideas Collide, our lunch sponsor!
If you have any questions about the event, please contact us using the form below.
* Speakers subject to change without notice